cannot Import DXF file into Fasant Silver v6.2.8_19.04.2017

Support and discussion about 3D modeling and the geometrical capabilities of newFASANT.
Dennis Burke

cannot Import DXF file into Fasant Silver v6.2.8_19.04.2017

Post by Dennis Burke » 06 Sep 2017 16:05

Hello
I am back again on my usage of Fasant Silver edition.

I am trying to Import some 2D files of of planar structures, that are in DXF format.

For some reason(?), the DXF files are not getting imported; the Command Window says ..."please wait"
The operation never completes

How do I attach the DXF files, created in Eagle 7.5.0 PCB Layout tool, in this post, so you can view them??

Is the format incorrect?

Best regards, dennis burke

dani.rodriguez
Site Admin

Re: cannot Import DXF file into Fasant Silver v6.2.8_19.04.2017

Post by dani.rodriguez » 11 Sep 2017 13:17

Hello. The recommended way to provide us attachment files is to send them to support@fasant.com. This is specially the case for big files (such as simulated project files or big geometries) or files that could contain sensible information from our users and customers they'd rather not want to share in a public forum (project data, geometries...).

I'm aware you successfully sent us the geometry file through e-mail. However, I'm allowing your account to add attachments to future posts. This feature is disabled by default to avoid misuse by newly registered users, but should be enabled for accounts that request so (in order to share a screenshot or a result file when they're asking for support).

lozano.plata
Site Admin

Re: cannot Import DXF file into Fasant Silver v6.2.8_19.04.2017

Post by lozano.plata » 12 Sep 2017 14:59

Hi Dennis,

These .dxf files are built as blocks and they are not compatible with our GUI.
If you have created it with Autocad, you have to decompose the blocks on individual surfaces and the GUI should load it.

Also, in the next days, we are going to update the Silver version, where you will be able to import this kind of.dxf files.

Dennis Burke wrote:
06 Sep 2017 16:05
Hello
I am back again on my usage of Fasant Silver edition.

I am trying to Import some 2D files of of planar structures, that are in DXF format.

For some reason(?), the DXF files are not getting imported; the Command Window says ..."please wait"
The operation never completes

How do I attach the DXF files, created in Eagle 7.5.0 PCB Layout tool, in this post, so you can view them??

Is the format incorrect?

Best regards, dennis burke