How to add Metals to the Materials List?

Support topics for our user interface features such as our Console, the Calculator.
Dennis Burke

How to add Metals to the Materials List?

Post by Dennis Burke » 17 Feb 2017 18:56

The Fasant "help" weblink was not useful on this topic. I need to find out how to expand the # of materials in the MoM tool. Specifically, there is no entry capability for defining any material's Conductivity ( such as defining Aluminum conductivity).

I only see Mue,Epsilon, and loss Tangent as being variables to edit. Thank you.

javi.moreno

Re: How to add Metals to the Materials List?

Post by javi.moreno » 22 Feb 2017 07:40

The conductivity can be modified just for all the conductive structures. You can edit this parameter in the Solver - Parameters - Advanced Parameters menu, with the Conductor Losses field. Note that it will be applied to all metallic surfaces (PEC).

Dennis Burke

Adding Metals properties to the Materials List?

Post by Dennis Burke » 23 Feb 2017 16:05

Thanks, Javi,
I would have never thought to look under "Solver" for a material's qualities.
I will try.
I hope the Advanced Parameters section allows me to create new materials of other metallic types. ?
If so, will these new metallic types now populate the Materials tree pulldown.?

Dennis

javi.moreno

Post by javi.moreno » 24 Feb 2017 08:34

This is included within the Advanced Solver Parameters because it is not a different way of defining new materials, it only modifies the conductivity of all the PEC elements that you have in your current project. I mean, you can not take into account different metallic conductivities in the same execution.

Dennis Burke

No room for different metallic conductivities

Post by Dennis Burke » 26 Feb 2017 16:18

Thank you ,Javi.
Possibly I misunderstand.
I want to retain PEC elements, but want to add other model parts that are made of solid Aluminum, or Chrome, or copper.
How do I do that function for defining those materials? And how to make them available in the material tree?
Best,Den

javi.moreno

Post by javi.moreno » 28 Feb 2017 12:32

Sorry Dennis, but this option is not yet available. It may be taken into account for further versions.